To Add a New Staff Member to a Staff Workstation:
1) Log in using your NETID & password.
2) Right-click on My Computer and select Manage:
3) In the left pane of the Computer Management console window click the plus (+) next to Local Users and Groups:
4) Click the Groups folder:
5) In the right pane of the Computer Management console window double-click Administrators to open the Administrators Properties, and click the Add button:
6) In the Select Users or Groups dialog box enter the name or names of the user(s) you want to add to the workstation and click the OK button. The names should be entered as Yale\NETID, or firstname.lastname@example.org. In the example below the NETID is mbean:
7) On the Administrators Properties window click the OK button:
1) You can add more than one user at a time by separating the Yale\NETIDís or email@example.comís with a semicolon (;). For example: Yale\mbean;Yale\dstern;Yale\ab123
2) If the staff member you are trying to add to the workstation is new to Yale he or she must activate his or her NETID before you can add him or her to the workstation. If the NETID has not been activated you cannot add him or her to a workstation.
3) If you are unable to add someone using his or her NETID, try adding him or her using the email alias (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(This document was created in part by Kari Swanson - Expert User for the science libraries.)